Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day Blues

Today Nanawu starts going to school regularly.  We have committed ourselves to this early childhood education thing and we have to stick to it.  I will not talk about what made us finally decide to do it just yet.   Requires too much thinking and I'm just not in the mood for that.  So instead, let me talk about random things that happened today starting with Nanawu choosing what to wear.  Or rather rejecting what I chose for him to wear.  So we got another shirt, this time Nanawu-approved.  First time also for us to go to school not wearing a nappy.  He's been wee-wee trained for quite a while now so it's just a matter of mum taking him to the loo every hour for good measure.  Ok maybe I overdid it.  We went every 30 minutes.  He did not complain though, in fact I think he was quite fascinated with the urinal.  We arrived early in school while the first class was still in session so we just went to the outdoor play area to pass the time.  As what I usually do, I let the little boy play freely and I keep my distance (to prepare him for unaccompanied classes next month).  He was okay with it, skip-hopping and doing his twirly walk, and when he reached the end of the pavement, he reached for the hand of one of the daddies lingering outside the rooms and said "play".  He was  pulling the daddy into the playground and the daddy leaned towards him and pointed to me.  He took another look at the daddy and ran towards me smiling.  It happened again to another daddy inside the room.   I guess that means the little boy is quite ready to have some independence from me.   But one thing he needs to learn is sharing and that's one of the major reasons why we decided to give early schooling a go.   Oh and we have a new teacher and new classmates.  Only the school is the same.  His classmates from the summer playgroup all went to the first session.  I'll give it a couple more sessions and I'm sure Nanawu will start enjoying it fully again.   As for the mum, boy was I tired!  Carrying the little one all the way to school and back.   We'll-go-home-if-you-don't-walk threats did not work.  Sure hope Friday will be better for me.  





No comments:

Post a Comment