Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Waiting Companion





I love being with family and friends, but I also love being alone.  I can sit for hours on end by myself, absorbed in thoughts or vacuumed into nothingness.  But I brought along my trusted companions during Rafa's first day in school.   My Kindle which I love, my Lumix to freeze memories and some Life Savers ring candies to exercise my tongue.  I am still trying to learn the functions of my digicam but I hope to capture some of the things I would otherwise take for granted-- like the lively water fountain we pass by everyday, the post office, the cable cars.  I'm sure years from now, when we're no longer living in the same country, I can look at those pictures and be reminded again that this was where we started our family and this was the place we called home.

No comments:

Post a Comment